Sunday, June 10, 2012

About me


They told me to write about my passions. For as long as I can remember, my passion is simply daybreak. So many people greet the dawn with dread, but for me it is so full of promise, like looking into the face of a newborn and wondering what life has in store for them.

My perfect day begins as the rowers pull out onto the water, when the cold air that should sap my asthmatic lungs is no match for the soul-filling awe of being amongst the first to greet the day.

Don't get me wrong, the pre-dawn can be ghastly and I struggle with the snooze button as much as anyone. I lie in my warm cocoon and conjure up a thousand reasons why I should just stay in bed, just a little longer. Yet, if I can just edge myself to consciousness, I recall that the experience of dawn is ten thousand reasons in itself.

I love the empty running tracks, so stay in bed if you like, but do join me for breakfast. Nutritionists will tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it's not really about the food. Breakfast is the batter drawing the crease in the sand, preparing for the next ball. It's checking your course for the new day, before you set off blindly into the abyss.

The best investment that you can ever make is to take time every morning to nourish your mind and your body, so join me for breakfast. 

Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment